Organic Mexican Light Roast Coffee
Organic Mexican Light Roast
Our go-to for the light roast lovers out there. This coffee flavor is clean, with apricot and cherry toned acidity and full chocolate laced body, and a soft and sweet finish.
- 14 oz. of Whole Bean Coffee
- Certified USDA Organic & Fair Trade
- Single origin coffee ethically-sourced from the Mexico El Triunfo Reserve
Origin: Mexico El Triunfo Reserve
Region: El Castaño, Chiapas
Process: Fully Washed, Sun Dried
In addition to the Fair-Trade price paid to the coop, an additional $.20/pound is paid for a quality and buffer-zone maintenance incentive. Finally, a third premium is paid for the farmer specific lots that we occasionally buy.
How we do things:
- We roast every Thursday morning in Minneapolis, so you can know you're getting fresh roasted coffee. A slight difference between the grocery store whose beans have been oxidizing for weeks, if not months, by the time they make it to your kitchen table. Orders that are placed before the end of the business day on Wednesday will be included in that week's batch.
- We only sell whole bean coffee. We want you to have the freshest coffee experience. Pre-ground coffee increases oxidation and begins to lose its flavors, aromas, and sugars within 20-30 minutes. Whole bean coffee stays fresh and flavorful for 3 weeks.
- We package our coffee in 100% Compostable Kraft bags. The added cost for eco-friendly packaging is worth it to us knowing that our bags won't still be here in 100 years.
- Bags include a one-way valve to help preserve freshness.
Who we are:
Emiliani Coffee is a specialty coffee roasting company based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We specialize in organic coffees that are ethically produced and roasted-to-order fresh. And we do all of this to bring kids home, giving $1 from every bag sold to organizations that are fighting for kids in the foster care and adoption system.
Dedicated to: Avivah Brown
Every roast at Emiliani Coffee is dedicated to someone we see as a hero who embodied the same love for kids that we see in St. Jerome, the people who have fought for kids. The hope is that through the sharing of their stories, we will all learn from and be inspired by them. This roast is dedicated to one of our modern day inspirations: Avivah Brown.